I woke up this morning thinking about this very thing…
…not necessarily the coffee sitting inside of the cup, but the pretty red paper cup that tells me the holidays are well on their way. I am crazy about the holidays, and the arrival of these stunning red cups each year tells me several things.
- It is officially okay to start listening to Christmas music. It doesn’t mean you’re passing up Thanksgiving and all of its wonderfulness. It only means that you want more than 3 weeks to enjoy listening to Jessica Simpson’s Christmas album. Don’t judge me.
- Christmas Lists can be made! Aaron is quick to get me his list each year. He has a ton of hobbies, and never has a problem giving me ideas of the latest thing he wants. On the top of his list this year…a gun case. Does that mean I have to go into the Army Surplus store all by myself? *Sigh*
- Scarf and cute hat wearing season is in full swing! I want this one, and this one, but am so thankful to have this one sitting in my closet waiting for some cold weekend walks, courtesy of my lovely husband and his excellent taste in clothing.
- You won’t get strange looks if you wear UGG boots. Before red paper cup season, it’s just silly looking.
- Holiday movies are fair game. For Thanksgiving, watching Meet Me In St. Louis or Planes, Trains, and Automobiles makes me feel like I’m home with my family, and there are few things in life better than that. There are just too many that I love for Christmas to list, but since my favorite movie of all time just happens to be a Christmas movie, I’ll let you in on it…The Family Stone. It’s absolute brilliance cleverly placed into 103 minutes. If you haven’t watched it, do so.
- Holiday Baking and menu planning can commence. These are on my list this year…
I’m sure there will be more, but that’s what’s on my list as of this most glorious Red Paper Cup Day!
In years past I have busied myself so much during the holidays that they fly by and I don’t get to enjoy the small things that bring a smile to my face and brighten my day. This year, I’m soaking in this season with everything I’ve got!
How about you? When do you start celebrating the holiday season (Thanksgiving AND Christmas)? What’s on your holiday baking menu?