It’s Valentine’s Day!
This is my Valentine…
…and these are the top 10 reasons why I love him so:
- He reluctantly allows me to warm my ice cold feet on his each night.
- He makes me coffee every morning and brings it to me in my favorite mug.
- Each time I drop and break or spill something as a result, he sweetly gives me a hug and helps me clean it up. As an extra bonus, if it’s something I loved, he does everything he can to replace it.
- When I ask him if he thinks I’m crazy, his response is always, “…yes, but good crazy.”
- He evenly splits tv watching time with me 50/50, which means I have to watch things like Deadliest Catch, but he has to endure Friday Night Lights, and yet he doesn’t complain. It’s a give and take relationship.
- He shares my absurd love for YouTube videos and therefore doesn’t judge me when we get lost for hours in them.
- When we decide to save for something he researches it to death so that when we put our hard earned and saved money into it, we know we are making the best decision possible.
- He has vision that I don’t. I can’t see something that isn’t in front of me, and he sees the things that don’t seem possible.
- He makes the perfect fried egg.
- He loves me back. ♥
I made two different Valentine’s treats this year. I made a double batch of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and topped them each with a conversation heart. Most of them were made for Mt. View High School’s leadership class because we love them. They are an awesome group of students that make volunteering at dances, bonfires, and games easy.
My favorite part about making these sweet treats was that in choosing which conversation hearts I wanted to use, I found one single heart in the bag with the phrase “My Boo” and had myself a good chuckle. Any guesses as to why that stamp was used so much less than “You Rock” or “Real Love”? I thought about putting it on one of the cupcakes that I sent to the school, but then decided nobody else would probably think that was as funny as I did. Do people really use the term “boo?” If so, I want on that train. My other favorites included, “Tweet Me”, “Love Bug”, and “Wink Wink”. Being in love is fun!
I also made these sugar cookies that I find every possible excuse to make:
This is my grandma’s sugar cookie recipe, and my family has made them for nearly every holiday at some point or another. They are super soft, not too sweet, and so easy to make.
Today is filled with a lot of work requirements starting at 7:15am and not ending until 6:30pm, but I do hope to make a good dinner for my Valentine to show him how much I love him. I’ll be tired when I get home, and I will have a hundred other things vying for my attention, but there’s one thing that will override everything else I’m committed to throughout my day…he’s so incredibly worth it. If I haven’t convinced you how crazy I am for him, read chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3, and chapter 4 of our love story.
Happy Valentine’s Day!