This is my newest addition to my out of control collection of cookbooks:
I truly have no more room to keep them, and have hundreds of recipes marked to try throughout my ever-growing collection. I can’t help myself as I meticulously pore over the pages of pastries, breads, tarts, and cookies. It’s a sickness at this point, and I need some serious help. Here are a few that I am most looking forward to creating from this lovely book:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart–this is a must for me. Our best friends own a hazelnut (affectionately called “filberts” here in Oregon) orchard over in the valley, and most summers I end up with bags of them. Can’t wait to turn them into this delicious treat this year!
- Shaker Lemon Tart–we all know about my obsession with lemons as displayed here and here. This one is no exception.
- French Raspberry Tart–this will be made at the height of raspberry season this summer so it doesn’t cost me a small fortune, but I am so looking forward to it! I love desserts that are made mainly of fresh fruit!
- Fig & Raspberry Croustades–figs are sort of my new favorite thing. They are intriguing and delicious, and absolutely gorgeous in recipes!
- Brioche—post to come soon! I made this last week and it filled my home with the most wonderful fresh baked bread smell ever!
- Individual Danish Apple Strudels–when we were in Germany a few years ago we had our fair share of apple strudel, but it was never enough! It’s one of my all-time favorite desserts and yet I’ve never made it myself! Shame.
- Lemon Vanilla Bean Shortbreads–I love all kinds of shortbread, and this one looks as delightful as any other I’ve tried. Another great way to use lemons in season!
- Caramelized Apple Tarte Tartin–this is one of those goals I’ve had for awhile. It’s a classic French recipe, and I think it looks like one of the most wonderful foods you could ever put in your mouth. ♥
So there it is! A huge list of recipes to try! It is added to an already long-running list of delightful recipes that are waiting to be shown some love, and will more than likely be added onto as I purchase more cookbooks in the months to come. There will be no shortage of sweet treats in my home…of this I’m certain.
How about you? Any recipe you’ve been dying to try?