These whimsical peanut butter hearts are very similar to the peanut butter bon-bons I make at Christmas each year. They are ridiculously addicting. I found the recipe on a lovely blog called Sugar and Charm that I’ve been enchanted with over the past few weeks. It’s filled with creativity and sweet treats! In her version she made egg shapes for Easter which turned out super cute as well!
Peanut Butter Hearts ♥ (recipe courtesy of Sugar & Charm)
Makes 15-20 hearts
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- Mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla.
- Roll the the mixture out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a heart cookie cutter to get a nice shape.
- Place all the hearts on parchment paper and leave in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-broiler and then hand dip the peanut butter hearts using a fork and a spatula.
- Place them on the parchment paper and place in the freezer again for a few minutes for a nice smooth finish.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
What I love about these candy hearts: I really love sprinkles. They are like the glitter of the food world, and I’m pretty sure that all sweets taste better covered in sprinkles. ♥
What I hate about these candy hearts: It’s easy to eat several at a time…and then I have a stomach ache.