In case you’re wondering, being 30 is pretty great. Since I’ve reached this notable age, here are a few things I’ve learned.
- I’m not nearly observant as I thought I was in my 20s.
- My husband is ridiculously sneaky.
- I may need to be worried about the fact that major things can be planned around me without having the slightest inkling of something happening.
- It doesn’t matter how many times it happens, hearing my nephew say my name over and over again with a huge grin never ever gets old.
- “13 going on 30” really is a dumb movie.
- Baking applesauce donuts for this little boy brought more happiness to me than I’m sure he experienced in actually eating them…although he loved them a whole lot!
- Having a room full of people you love most is enough to overwhelm you to the point of joy overdose. Trust me.
- Apple is the coolest company ever. My iPad is proof of that.
- Amazon’s “Buy now with 1-click” option is extremely dangerous.
- If you have a sister as lovely and generous and kind as mine, you should consider yourself blessed beyond measure.
- Watching Ross freak out over someone eating his leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich is as funny the 58th time I’ve watched it as it was the very first time.
- Baking with these two is much more fun than when I’m whipping up egg whites on my own.
My last week in my 20s was one to remember! I can’t think of any better way to ring in a new year and the start of a new decade than with family and friends! Here’s to life in my thirties, and learning a heck of lot more. ♥