I don’t know what it is about this particular Christmas season, but I find myself having a difficult time locating my happiness. Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of things that bring a smile to my face, but I’m talking about deep down in your soul happiness. Maybe it’s the state of our world. Maybe it’s something more personal. Maybe I miss my family. I really don’t know for sure, but in the past when I have gone through these kinds of valleys, I find the best way to pop out of them is to focus on the things that really do bring a smile to my face, even when they seem trivial. So that’s what I’m doing! Here are the things making me happy these days!
1. Peppermint Americanos
2. The Family Stone
4. Faux fur lined leggings
5. Glitter and sparkle (but let’s be honest…I don’t reserve those only for this time of year)
6. Twinkling lights
8. Christmas music on repeat
9. Cheesy ABC Family Christmas movies
11. Ivy’s love of “Frosty the Snowman”
12. Getting Christmas cards in the mail
I have every reason to be happy this cold December month. And sometimes I just need to remind myself of that by making a list.